INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us:
We do not require you to provide PII to navigate our Site. However, we collect information from you when you: Fill out web forms, you provide us with PII such as your first name, last name, zip code, phone number, and email address.
Information collected automatically:
We may automatically collect information as you use the Site. This includes browser type and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Cookies and tracking technologies:
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser software on your computer’s hard drive or temporarily on your computer’s memory.
- We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
-We also use persistent cookies on our Site. These cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store information about your preferences and customize your experience. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
-We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect some information we listed above about your use of the Services. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve the Site.o In order to collect this information, Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device, or read cookies that are already there. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded, that partner with Google.
-We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with PII. Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics about your visits to the Services to another application which partners with Google is restricted by the Google Analytics
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Work and communicate with those who have filled out forms on our website, utilizing the email addresses and phone numbers provided
- Respond to inquiries and reach out to you about community updates.
- Keep you informed of events and to communicate about new Reston National Neighborhood Study Group website features or developments
- To maintain and improve our Site
- Deliver advertisements to you about our organization
- To gain insight into our Site and our community engagement efforts
- Defend our rights and the rights of others
- Efficiently maintain our business.
- Comply with the law.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share your information with our service providers, among our entities, in connection with a corporate restructuring, to prevent harm, to comply with the law, and to protect our legal rights. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in providing services, complying with the law, and protecting our rights and those of others. We apply appropriate safeguards for this sharing of your information.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Access, correct, or delete your information: You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, correct, or delete your information.
- Do Not Track: We take no action in response to “Do Not Track” requests received from user’s web browsing software.
- Cookies: If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Site or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
- Google Analytics: See http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google uses the information provided to Google Analytics and how you can control the information provided to Google. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The security of your PII is important to us. We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of PII. Our security includes physical, administrative, and technology-based measures to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration.